i loved this post from thekitchn.com:
Oh, LOST! You’ve pulled us along through six seasons of mysterious whispers in the jungle, sudden tropical rain showers followed by startling revelations and…mangoes. It’s a good thing for our intrepid survivors that mangoes are always in season on this magical island. Mangoes will definitely be on the menu at our season finale party!
But there have been more than just mangoes, of course. Jin was able to catch plenty of fish and the occasional haul of oysters. Wild boar was on the menu a few times. Oh, and don’t forget those handy Dharma food drops!
• Cheeseburger Sliders and Mini Grilled Cheese Sandwiches – In honor of those first meals Juliet brought to a captive Jack.
• Veggies in Ranch Dressing – Really, Hurley? The whole Dharma food closet and you hoard ranch dressing?
• Smoke Monster Popcorn – Of course!
Main Course and Side Dishes
• Fish Steamed in Banana Leaves – Bless Jin and his expert fisherman skillz.
• Braised Summer Pork Shank – Or wild boar if you can get your hands on one.
• Tomatoes Sprinkled with Balsamic – Sun’s one perfect tomato…
• Dinner Rolls – We had to dig deep into LOST lore for some carbs. See: Juliet’s dinner date with Ben.
• Jacob’s Red Wine – Although drinking this might have unintended side-effects.
• Cheap Beer – Dharma Lite brand, preferably.
• Mango Lassi – Mango up!
• Water – Lots of water. In handy plastic Dharma bottles.
What foods will you be serving for the finale?