reading my RSS Feeds this morning, i stumbled across this post from Laughing Squid. wow. this takes crocheting to a whole new level:
i love this, totally gets me in the holiday spirit:
you can check to see when the Santa invasion happens in your city here.
i am headed to the wonderful world of Omaha, NE for turkey day this year and will be enjoying a very midwestern feast. however, i can still dream about the kind of feast i would create. i think it would go something like this:
“Crispy fried turkey, buffalo wings-style.” that sounds like a glorious Thanksgiving day to me!
oh boy! i need my very own flying shark plane! remote controlled shark in the air! too bad it’s on sale for $99…that still seem pretty steep!
Scene Stealing Thanksgiving Side Dishes
brought to you by Real Simple:
- Honeyed Carrots & Oranges
- Butternut Squash bread pudding
- Bourbon-Cranberry Compote
- Sweet Potatoes With Pecans and Parmesan
- Potato and Celery Root Mash
- Brie and Chive Biscuits
- Cauliflower Gratin
- Wild Rice and Mushroom Pilaf With Cranberries
- Greens With Apricots and Fennel
- Green Beans With Bacon Vinaigrette
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Grapes
- Sautéed Escarole With Leeks
need a delicious individual dessert for each guest, try this fantastic idea:
Here’s the basic ingredients:
- 2 unbaked 9-inch pie dough crusts
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) plain pumpkin (not spiced)
- 1 can (12 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
to find out the instructions, click here.
if you are the type of person that always runs into problems during the holidays, like i do, then check this fabulous article out by Real Simple:
A guide to get you over some of the holiday dinner’s most common hurdles.
here are a few:
- You Don’t Know How Big a Turkey to Buy
- The Turkey Is Still Frozen
- To Baste or Not to Baste?
check out the entire list here.
will continue to post fun and helpful Turkey Day related articles!!!
Alan Moore’s V for Vendetta is one of my top favorite comics of all times. i’m celebrating today by watching V for Vendetta, with one of my favorite actresses, Natalie Portman. most memorable of the story is of course:
Remember, remember the fifth of November,
The gunpowder treason and plot,
I know of no reason
Why the gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.