here’s my shark week recap post:
first of all, you HAVE to make sure your guests no what they are in for.
- 3 fresh chicken sausages, grilled, and diced
- 1 lb of shrimp
- shredded carrots
- diced onions
- diced red, orange, and yellow peppers
- shredded red kale
- 1 can of diced adobo chiles
- 2 large cans of diced tomatoes
- 3 cans of tomato sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 lime squeezed
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
add all of the above and have the stew brew for approximately 5 hours. top with aged cotija or parmesan and cheddar goldfishes.
fresh jumbo lump crab dip (mixed with spicy cocktail sauce, greek yogurt, cream cheese, and diced peppers)
shark teeth sugar cookies
i tried to incorporate shark related things everywhere! i was waiting for my bestie's homemade sun-dried tomato 'chummus' for the finishing touches!
i made mango bites: Naked mango juice, basil, lime juice, and vodka (shaken with ice in a martini shaker) then poured over lemon-lime High Ball.
we had a ton of fun with the shark week drinking game rules i found as well:
1. anytime someone is referred to as a ‘shark expert’ – 2 drinks
2. begin drinking when any shark becomes airborne, don’t stop until it is all the way back in the water
3. anyone speakers with an Australian accept – 1 drink
4. someone gives advice on how to survive a shark attack – 2 drinks
5. anytime you hear the jaws theme music – 3 drinks
6. reenactment of an attack – 2 drinks
7. someone dies – finish your drink in honor
8. anyone gets submerged in a steel cage – 3 drinks
9. you see a shark caught or trapped – 2 drinks
my friend Mike, my little sharkie, Pixel, and I giving our best 'shark faces'!
speaking of shark faces, here are a couple of my lovely friends and their best ferocious looks:
Chrissy has double shark! so intense!
Lucas looks like he's a Muppet! he's to cute to be scary 🙂
my bestie, Seana, even looks hawt with a fin on her head!
it almost looks like Greg is giving me an Owen Wilson impression!
happy shark week to all!
❤ the shark
Karen (Lucas' mommy) is the sly shark. watch out!